LDC 0.17.0-alpha1 has been released!

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 18:14:42 PST 2015

On Sunday, 20 December 2015 at 17:02:16 UTC, Jakob Jenkov wrote:
>> On behalf of the LDC team I am proud to announce the new
>> 0.17.0-alpha1 release!
>> It is based on the 2.068.2 front-end and LLVM 3.5-3.7.
>
> Congratulations! The LDC compiler compiles to LLVM ASM, right?
> And from LLVM ASM you can compile to other platforms, right?
> Like ARM?

What you call llvm asm is named llvm IR, for Intermediate
Representation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LLVM#LLVM_Intermediate_Representation

The IR's an assembly-style language that is then translated to
the native assembly language for your architecture.  In practice,
you don't have to worry about the IR, as llvm comes with such
assembly translation backends for many architectures, so you
almost never have to deal with the IR itself.