Bad codegen for ARM (and maybe others) when optimizing

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 8 13:59:03 PST 2015

"Kai Nacke" <kai at redstar.de> writes:

> Hi Dan!
>
> We can add an ARM specific abi class. Could you just provide your
> change as a pull request?
> (I tried similar things in the past with the PPC backend. But at some
> point it was easier to fix LLVM. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Kai

I am working on it. After reading the D ABI http://dlang.org/abi.html
which says:

Function Calling Conventions
The extern (C) and extern (D) calling convention matches the C calling
convention used by the supported C compiler on the host system.

Should I follow that? I noticed the default abi.cpp
TargetABI::callingConv() returns fastcc for D calling convention and
instead of ccc. I am wondering if I should cripple LDC for iOS to follow
this rule. It seems to me, that when D is calling D, function calls
should be as efficient as possible.
--
Dan