iOS progress

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 13:38:58 PST 2015

On Monday, 16 February 2015 at 19:57:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-02-16 17:28, Dan Olson wrote:
>

>> It could be changed here,
>>
>> https://github.com/smolt/llvm/blob/ios/lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.cpp#L2473
>>
>> but I would need some help creating the correct LLVM code.
>
> Is calling tlv_get_addr any different from calling
> __tls_get_addr?

I think directly using tlv_get_addr may lead to weird errors if
thread local descriptors have not been initialized by runtime.
With __tls_get_addr there is a check that descriptor is
initialized, and if I get around to changing llvm to call thunk
directly, then uninitialized descriptor will have thunk set to
_tlv_bootstrap and code will cleanly abort.