LLVM and TLS

Jonathan Marler via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 18:41:10 PST 2015

I've noticed that on my windows 7 development machine, switching
between TLS and non-TLS storage has a minimal impact on
performance (when using DMD).  I haven't tried LDC yet, however,
on a macbook pro, which uses clang (LLVM) for the linker, using
TLS has a huge performance impact (much much slower).  Does
anyone know if this is because of the way LLVM handles TLS
storage?  I'll have to try using LDC on my windows machine but
maybe one of you know off hand whether or not LLVM has some
performance problems with TLS storage. Thanks!