iOS progress

Laeeth Isharc via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 17 12:53:17 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 16:37:05 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
> Just a quick note.  I started again on LDC for iOS a month ago
> (new years resolution!).  I bogged down in floating point and
> optimizer problems.  I think I understand the major issues and
> have gotten all of phobos unittests to pass with optimizer
> disabled except for some math unittests that are written for
> 80-bit floats and some that are off by LSB.
>
> This weekend I'll cleanup the math fixes and put up a new repo
> on https://github.com/smolt that helps glue it all together.
> --
> Dan

This is great news.  I realize the magnitude of the
accomplishment just in getting this to work, but if/when you have
time would love to get a sense for what can and can't be done as
far as accessing the iOS SDK/Cocoa given that the Objective C
support is not yet complete.

https://michelf.ca/projects/d-objc/

What is it that makes this iphone specific, and what plans are
there to enable ipad-adapted apps?

https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev

Sorry for the basic questions - I have no experience of iOS
development, but I figured the answer might be of interest to
others.