LLVM and TLS

deadalnix via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 19 14:27:46 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 22:50:29 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Windows, LLVM uses the segment registers for TLS storage
> (gs: for 32bit and fs: for 64bit). There is no other impact.

Hijacking this as I'm investigating how TLS plays with shared
object.

So, my understanding is that the segment register is used as a
base for TLS, and TLS globals are indexed using this register as
a base.

This sounds like it can work until you have to cross shared
object boundaries. What is done in this case ?