DCD v0.5.0 with ldc2 error <inline asm>:40:2 invalid operand for instruction

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 20 14:53:20 PST 2015

On 20 Feb 2015, at 21:58, Brian Schott via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I think it's actually an LLVM issue. I'm using a build of LDC that
> uses LLVM 3.4 and I don't see this issue. XMM7 and RAX are both valid
> operands for the PMOVMSKB instruction.

Okay, that would also make sense. I guess that's just one more reason
for ditching pre-3.4 support. At this point, there is just too many
known issues to bother with them. Especially since the LLVM 3.6 release
is imminent, and given that even if there are no distro packages,
compiling LLVM locally as part of building LDC is trivial.

  — David