basic question about building ldc/calypso from source

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 24 09:20:15 PST 2015

"Laeeth Isharc" <nospamlaeeth at nospam.laeeth.com> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I am struggling with using cmake to build LDC.  I have successfully
> built LLVM and clang following standard instructions, but I am not so
> familiar with cmake and do not know which directory LLVM_ROOT_DIR
> should point to.

I think LLVM_ROOT_DIR has to be an absolute path.  When I use a prebuild
llvm, it get it to work like this:

  cmake -DLLVM_ROOT_DIR=/opt/local/libexec/llvm-3.4/ ...

or when I use a llvm I built, say configured with --enable-optimized and
--disable-assertions then I do something like (assume I built llvm in
dir build-llvm):

  cmake -DLLVM_ROOT_DIR=/Users/dan/projects/build-llvm/Release/ ...