iOS progress

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 24 09:43:47 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 07:10:18 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
> "Joakim" <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:
>> I couldn't get most of the phobos unit tests to run on a
>> linux/ARM
>> hard-float board, Cubieboard2.  I'm guessing the issue is
>> hard-float
>> compatibility: I need to try softfp out and make sure.  Almost
>> all the
>> druntime tests passed on the armhf system though.
>
> What kinds of errors are you getting?  Are they all float
> related?  If
> the linux C libs are using -float-abi=hard, then softfp
> probably won't
> help.

It's mostly segfaults, several modules segfault when their tests
are run.  I'm guessing this is because of some ABI issue.  I
believe most Android/ARM systems are softfp, so testing on
linux/ARM-hardfp is probably worthless anyway.  I need to try
softfp on a softfp system and see what happens.

> If you do decide to look at softfp, I have this commit to get
> the D
> versions correct:
>
> https://github.com/smolt/ldc/commit/5a19080
>
> Without that change, -float-abi=softfp sets version ARM_Soft
> instead of
> ARM_SoftFP so std.math ends up incorrectly taking non-FPU paths.

OK, will look at that when I get the tests not to segfault. :)