Large number of tests failing - 64bit LDC with MSVC - Append Operator

Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 25 06:09:55 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 00:02:33 UTC, Kevin Brogan
wrote:
> I've been able to successfully build LDC on 64 bit windows
> using msvc, but I've noticed that a large number of test suites
> fail with a segmentation fault instead of a regular error
> result.

I'd like to help out with this. I also have LDC 64bit running on
Windows using MSVC, but have not been able to run the tests. Or,
ctest starts to work, but while building the (iirc) 3rd test no
further output is given to the cmdline. There is an ldc2 process
running on one core, and after an hour the ldc2 process has
allocated more than 1.5 GB of memory... That's when I stopped it.
Should I have more patience, or is there perhaps something wrong
with the way I kick off the tests?
I used
http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_and_hacking_LDC_on_Windows_using_MSVC#Running_the_tests
and run ctest in the build folder (the ninja instructions end up
not finding LDC2 in that folder (it does not search the path, but
instead has a hardcoded location for LDC2.exe)).