Large number of tests failing - 64bit LDC with MSVC - Append Operator

Kevin Brogan via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 25 14:01:42 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 20:47:14 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi Kevin!
>
> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 19:09:44 UTC, Kevin Brogan
> wrote:
>>
>> Finally, I also had to modify the LLVM config file for both
>> LDC and Ninja to pass /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO to the msvc linker
>> or none of the debug builds would compile.
>>
>> c:\ldcenv\ninja-ldc2-x64\bin\ldc2.conf and
>> %LDCROOT%\etc\ldc2.conf
>>
>> add    ,"-L/LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO"    to switches
>
> This is strange. /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO was only required for
> LLVM < 3.4. The Win64 version requires LLVM 3.6 otherwise there
> is no exception support.
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Seems to have come back then. It's only required for debug
builds. From what I can tell, this has something to do with the
dwarf2 debug code using 32 bit relocations and msvc's link has
some kind of bug in it.

More info here:
http://tortall.lighthouseapp.com/projects/78676/tickets/213-invalid-relocations-for-32-bit-dwarf2-in-64-bit-windows-object-files