Large number of tests failing - 64bit LDC with MSVC - Append Operator

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 12:03:39 PST 2015

> Yay!  Also, what timing!

Pure coincidence, but that append operator issue on Win64 was the
initial reason for that PR. ;)
What LLVM commit are you using? I'm using yesterday's release_36
head and exception handling on Win64 is sadly broken again,
causing a myriad of failing tests.

I can confirm the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO issue.

Wrt. running the tests: I often find myself taking a shortcut and
running only the debug tests to reduce the required time
considerably; phobos2-ldc-unittest takes a very long time,
especially std.algorithm. You can disable the release tests by
editing runtime\CTestTestfile.cmake in your build directory.
Delete the first 6 non-comment lines and then all tests from
core.atomic (new line 7, first druntime release test) to (but
obviously excluding) core.atomic-debug (more or less at the
center of the file).
dmd-testsuite doesn't compile as it requires the make build
system, so you don't need to edit tests\d2\CTestTestfile.cmake in
a similar way.
Beware that these ctest files get rebuilt as soon as your local
LDC git head changes!