Using the real target "real" type (cross compiling)

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 08:37:20 PST 2015

"Joakim" <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:

> On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 17:03:13 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
>> Dan Olson <zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Very cool Kai.  I am looking forward to using with the iOS.
>>
>> Kai, just checking to see if this pull got in to some version of
>> LDC.  I
>> am updating my LDC fork supporting iOS and I don't see the new files
>> like gen/ldc-real.h in master.
>
> I don't think Kai sees forum posts that are not responses to his
> posts, as he's likely accessing this forum through email.
>
> I don't think the linked pull got in, as the files you're looking for
> are not in git, but some of the files deleted in that pull have also
> been deleted in git.  So you'll need to update the patch from that
> pull in order to apply it to latest git master.

Hi Joakim - It appears that Kai's work is still in progress on branch:

https://github.com/redstar/ldc/tree/longdouble2

I am kind of excited for it because pretty much everything is
functionally working for D on iOS except for some floating-point stuff.
In fact, of 8 failing phobos unittests on iOS, I think 6 are math
related.

Last year I hacked together a kludge in ldc to get real == double when
compiling on x86_64, but there are some off-by-one precision problems
produced by functions such as

  to!double("3673.562") != 3673.562

where as C's strtod("3673.562", null) == 3673.562.  Since conv.d uses
real type for some of its math, I want to rule out that before doing
more work to figure out what is going wrong.