Using the real target "real" type (cross compiling)

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 15:20:02 PST 2015

"Kai Nacke" <kai at redstar.de> writes:
>> Maybe I can help?  I can pull in longdouble2 branch and see what it
>> fixes for me and see if anything new breaks.
>
> You're welcome! I rebased the PR after the 0.15.1 release so it should
> be almost up to date. The failing test(s) in std.math should be easy
> to spot (just look at the Travis output). The other failing unit test
> is the CTFE test which grumble on the numerical precising of the
> results.
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Kai, I got your longdouble2 branch merged into my local repo with iOS
support.  I did have to make a few additions to the ldc::longdouble
class, probably due to my build env with different headers (MacOS SDK
bundled with Xcode).  I'll share the updates once the dust settles.

Good news it that longdouble2 works and I get same unittest results as
my exiting kludge to hardcode real to double (6 module unittests fail
due to real value miscompare on my iPad mini).  I think it is time for
me to look closer at the failures: at least one is even documented that
it only works for 80-bit reals.  -- Dan