Trouble with building LDC on Windows, specifically with building libconfig

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 19 22:53:30 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 03:33:26 UTC, Eappen Nelluvelil
wrote:
> Kai, I ran into another problem. The configure script works as
> expected, and libconfig builds successfully. However, when I am
> trying to build ldc, I run into an issue with the location of
> the correct dll. On the D wiki page for building LDC from
> source for MinGW, the cmake command to build LDC works, but
> then the Ninja configuration file doesn't seem to run.
>
> I have created a gist of the output when cmake and ninja are
> run:
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/83ba87ea2a8d9f0c3722
>
> I am not really sure where to go on from here.

Hi Eappen!

I currently have no idea. I simply compile and install libconfig
into /usr/local. Then the linker picks up the library
automatically and you do not need to specify the path to the
include and lib file.

At least one error is there: you need to link against
libconfig.dll.a because the C version is used by ldc (I changed
this some time ago).

The policy complain from CMake was introduced in cmake 3.3. The
latest cmake I used to build ldc is currently 3.2.3 therefore I
did not encounter this message. I will fix it as soon as I have
some more time. The easiest "fix" is to use an older version of
CMake.

You may want to have a look at the build scripts used to create a
release:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc-scripts/tree/master/ldc2-packaging
They work on MingW, too, and use ninja to build ldc.

Regards,