Survey: Is somebody using the -enable-*/-disable-* command line option pairs?

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 07:19:59 PDT 2015

Hi!

Some command line options have a switch to turn them on and off,
e.g. -enable-asserts and -disable-asserts.
These option pairs are only available for a handful of ldc2
command line options. Every option defined inside the LLVM
framework does not offer an opposite switch, e.g.
-disable-red-zone exists but not -enable-red-zone.

With LLVM 3.7, an overhaul of the option code has started. In
consequence, the implementation for the ldc2 option pairs does
not work anymore. I have an idea how to fix it but this includes
a fair amount of work.

Before I start fixing the code I would like to know if someone is
using these options.

If not then I will deprecated these options and remove them by
the time LLVM 3.7 is released (will be in late autumn).

Regards,