Error compiling LDC (again...)

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 10:49:44 PDT 2015

On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 14:12:53 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
> "matovitch" <camille.brugel at laposte.net> writes:
>
>> Awesome ! I will try this evenning (in about 8 hours) and let
>> you know
>> (I compiled LLVM from the HEAD there is no (3.7) tags on the
>> git
>> mirror so I am not sure of what you mean by 3.7). Thanks for
>> your work
>
> Hi matovitch.  I think HEAD is called 3.7 until it is released.

Yes, that's true. LLVM head is the development stream for version
3.7, which will be released in autumn.

The LLVM people always refactor and improve things. That's why
you sometimes get compile errors when building ldc. I try to keep
up with the LLVM development, but sometimes I need simply more
time...

I don't know why you are using LLVM head - if you only want to
follow LDC development then you can/should use LLVM 3.6. (There
is a tag/branch for 3.6).

Regards,