Branch merge-2.067 is now at frontend level 2.067.0!

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 25 14:00:51 PDT 2015

On 03/25/2015 09:22 PM, Temtaime via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Hi Kai !
> I wonder why it's a problem to follow dmd's frontend.
> 90% of pulls is frontend bug fixes. I think there are no so much
> changes with interacting with backend ?

This would be true if the AST generated by the frontend was static.
However, its exact form is unfortunately quite fluid. Some of the
problematic frontend changes in fact fix a quirk that we needed to work
around, some of them introduce new bugs that happen not to matter for
the way the DMD glue layer uses the AST, and some just change the AST
structure (e.g. by moving something out of the glue layer into the
frontend or vice versa).

  — David