Corruption of shared data with multiple threads

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 10:33:34 PDT 2015

On 03/29/2015 06:46 PM, Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Is it a known issue, that we have some bugs with shared data + multiple
> threads?

I don't know of any general threading issues besides #666 (which only
affects migrating fibers between threads). We do optimize some things
much more aggressively than DMD does, though, so it is possible that
broken code works by accident on DMD but fails on LDC.

> (LLVM 3.6, MSVC, x64)

There might be some Win64-specific issues, though. Kai? You might want
to test your changes on Linux to be sure.

  — David