Corruption of shared data with multiple threads

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 22:54:43 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 17:33:47 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 03/29/2015 06:46 PM, Johan Engelen via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>> (LLVM 3.6, MSVC, x64)
>
> There might be some Win64-specific issues, though. Kai? You
> might want to test your changes on Linux to be sure.

I have no idea yet. Maybe you try running with the stub garbage
collector? There are many parts in the MSVC build which are not
well tested. I always see memory corruption if the garbage
collector is not working correctly.

(On Linux/PPC I had some strange errors in std.string because the
garbage collector freed memory which was still in use. It turned
out that the TLS segment was not set up. Something similar could
be the case on Win64. See druntime/src/rt/msvc.c for the current
initialization of memory segments.)

Regards,