Building ldc without root access, cannot find llvm

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue May 26 05:52:57 PDT 2015

Hi Andrew,

On Tuesday, 26 May 2015 at 12:50:15 UTC, Andrew Brown wrote:
> But when it comes to running cmake, I don't think it's finding
> llvm:
>
> cmake -L -DLLVM_ROOT_DIR="/home/abrown/software/ldc/llvm/"
> -DLLVM_CONFIG="/home/abrown/software/ldc/llvm/bin"
> -DLIBCONFIG_LIBRARY="/home/abrown/software/ldc/lib"
> -DLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR="/home/abrown/software/ldc/lib" ..

LLVM_CONFIG expects the actual path of the binary itself, i.e. in
this case …/bin/llvm-config. This is because some distributions
rename (e.g. postfix) their LLVM tool names.

You should only need to specify one of the two variables, though.
If you just set LLVM_CONFIG to the full path, it should
automatically find the rest.

  — David