Building ldc without root access, cannot find llvm

Andrew Brown via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue May 26 07:18:02 PDT 2015

Thank you very much, that worked perfectly. I still had trouble
with the libraries though, before I set the following flags the
make command stopped at about 14%:

-DLIBCONFIG_LIBRARY="/home/abrown/software/ldc/libs/lib/libconfig.a"
-DLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR="/home/abrown/software/ldc/libs/include"

When I compile my software however, I get warnings such as:

/home/abrown/software/ldc/ldc/build/runtime/../lib/libphobos2-ldc.a(curl.o):
In function `_D3std3net4curl4HTTP18_sharedStaticCtor1FZv':
/home/abrown/software/ldc/ldc/runtime/phobos/std/net/curl.d:(.text._D3std3net4curl4HTTP18_sharedStaticCtor1FZv+0x10):
undefined reference to `curl_version_info'

Is tihs because it doesn't like the version of libcurl installed
on my system? Could you point me towards a repository where I can
download and install this and how I should adjust the flags to
cmake (I'm on RHEL 6 if that's important)?

Thank you very much for helping me, would it be handy for me to
update the wiki to reflect what I've learnt?

Andrew