Test results for D on Android/ARM

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 2 08:40:48 PST 2015

Thanks for all the info everyone, keep it coming.

On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 06:33:46 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> My LG G2 results here probably aren't as useful because it's
> for some random cyanogen nightly but here they are anyway:
>
> Android 5.0.2 (CyanogenMod 12-20150304-NIGHTLY), LG, Qualcomm
> MSM8974 Snapdragon 800:  Std.stdio and std.socket hang in apk,
> all other tests pass.
>
> Very exciting stuff.

No, it's useful.  I wondered if the std.stdio and std.socket
hangs might be Samsung-specific, as I only tested their 5.0
devices, but your and others' consistent reproductions show that
they hit all 5.0 devices exclusively.  I'll look into the reasons.

On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 10:15:18 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 10:08:56 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
>> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 05:44:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> original Nexus 5(LG-D820,) Android Marshmallow(6.0)
>

> sigh, knew I forgot to paste something.
> chipset is a snapdragon 800.

No problem, the Nexus 5 was only ever equipped with that chip, so
I could have figured it out. :) You're probably the first person
to ever run D code on an Android 6.0 device, good to see that
there's only one issue.

On Monday, 2 November 2015 at 08:52:44 UTC, Thomas Brix Larsen
wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 05:44:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>
> - Android 4.3, TomTom Bridge, Snapdragon 400: All tests pass,
> both command-line and apk.

Never heard of this device, and I consider myself a bit of a
mobile buff.  I just had to look it up, a GPS tablet for
businesses.