Different behavior of dmd and ldc2

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 7 05:47:11 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 21:51:09 UTC, Fyodor Ustinov
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Simple test:
> File "a.d" contained this:
> ---
> module tst;
>
> import std.stdio;
>
> void main() {
>     writeln("Hello world");
> }
> ----
>
> After compiling this file by "dmd a.d" I get executable with
> name "a".
> After compiling by "ldc2 a.d" - executable with name "tst".
>
> I do not know, who more right in this situation, but DMD is a
> "reference compiler" and his behavior "more correct", I think.
>
> WBR,
>     Fyodor.

Hi Fyodor!

ldc2 does not have the goal to be compatible in all aspects with
dmd. So this behaviour is ok. But: ldmd2 is meant to be
compatible with dmd. This tool has the same problem which is
clearly a bug. Please create a bug report at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues.

Regards,