D compiler for Android

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 21:36:49 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 21:26:40 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 16:46:30 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Which interests you: binary, build script, or Termux package?
>
> I'm interested in getting LDC through Play Store! :D
>
> Seriously, thanks to the excellent work you've been doing, this
> may soon be a reality.

Would be nice to get ldc into the Termux list of pre-compiled
packages.

> When the Vulkan API is officially released I'll make a D
> binding for it (something along the lines of DerelictVulkan)
> and it would be awesome if I can make it available for Android,
> in addition to Linux and Windows. Perhaps such a library (along
> with sample apps) will be useful for you to test the Android
> support that you're developing.

That'd be great, but I don't know when I'd have a device that
supports Vulkan, though they've announced it will be supported on
Android eventually.

> Anyway, I think that both scripts and precompiled binaries are
> useful. Currently I don't have any dev tools on my phone, so I
> would prefer something that I could easily test without
> external dependencies. On the other hand, when I become more
> interested in development for Android, I'll probably use the
> scripts to get the latest LDC from git. I haven't heard about
> Termux, so I will check it.

I'll look into making my binary work on a non-Termux shell in
Android, by including some necessary shared libraries like I did
for the linux/x86 version.