Building LDC

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 10 05:53:17 PDT 2015

On 10 Oct 2015, at 14:24, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I suspect I am just being stupid but…
>
> The build seems to either build the shared objects or the static
> libraries not both. Is there a setting that builds and installs both?

In this case, the stupid party is unfortunately indeed our CMake build
script; there currently is no option to build both static and shared
libraries.

However, this should should be fixed rather easily – it would really
just be a bit of refactoring so the runtime build commands can be
invoked twice. Doing this requires no understanding of any of the LDC
internals, so I would appreciate if somebody could contribute a patch.

Best,
David