LDC 0.16.0 beta2 is out! Try out before we create the final release!

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 10 08:28:01 PDT 2015

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the LDC team I am proud to announce the LDC 0.16.0
beta2 release!
It is based on the 2.067.1 front-end and LLVM 3.1-3.7 (OS X: no
support for 3.3).

If no more severe errors are reported then the next version will
be the final release. The LDC team already considers this the
best LDC release of all times!

Big news is that the Win64 version of the compiler reaches
production quality, thanks to the hard work from kinke!

This release has been checked to work on Linux/PPC64 and
OpenSolaris (x86), too. There is still a major issue on FreeBSD
(x86_64) (issue #1119).
Due to a library build problem with druntime/Phobos there is no
MinGW32 version (issue #1121). This is currently under
investigation but we are also looking for volunteers. If you need
this platform please consider helping us!!!

Big thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the last beta
version! Without your feedback it would not be possible to
eliminate the bugs so fast!

Most important changes are:

- Frontend is now at 2.067.1
- LLVM 3.7 is supported
- DMD-style coverage analysis is added
- ABI changes which fixes a lot of bugs in the Win64 compiler
- The ldc2 driver now only use slow -debuglib libraries if
explicitly asked to

Be sure to read the change log at the GitHub release page which
also has the package download links:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v0.16.0-beta2

MD5 checksums for the release packages:

cdba4f2e043ed55409a7ba27d35f1fc9 ldc-0.16.0-beta2-src.tar.gz
9ba23d30393ad3af6bcad76c6ac347f4
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-linux-x86.tar.gz
cbd6418b6eab0eedbe999b727dc18a61
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-linux-x86.tar.xz
eb6a89f95446a909739ae5748335bc97
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
a07a1f622eddba7419b94325d913082e
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-linux-x86_64.tar.xz
e316f5fb2e2b1df764b76b114fc0db98
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-osx-x86_64.tar.gz
3fc6a2276b263a97398cfd28cc98641c
ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-osx-x86_64.tar.xz
9f9e0d23b5a8a449159b47b715c0963d ldc2-0.16.0-beta2-win64-msvc.zip

Regarding the binaries:
The Linux binaries are built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with gcc 4.8.x
and LLVM 3.7.0. They work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (or later) without
installing additional software.

The OS X binaries are built with LLVM 3.6.2 on OS X 10.10.

The Win64 MSVC version is built with VS2015 using LLVM 3.7 in
release mode. The distribution now contains a precompiled libcurl
7.40.0 from http://d.darktech.org/libcurl.html. For any other
VisualStudio version you need to rebuild the library.
You find the build script here:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc-scripts/blob/master/ldc2-win64/RELEASE.proj

Please be sure to report any bugs at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues, and feel free to
drop by at the digitalmars.D.ldc forums
(http://forum.dlang.org/group/digitalmars.D.ldc) for any
questions or comments.

Thanks to everybody involved in making this happen!

Regards,