LDC 0.16.0 beta2 is out! Try out before we create the final release!

ZombineDev via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 16 14:32:07 PDT 2015

On Friday, 16 October 2015 at 19:01:12 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> kinke:
>
>> so you need the VS 2015 runtime. You'll actually need VS 2015
>> (not just the runtime) later for linking anyway;
>
> Is the "community" (free) version enough?
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Yes VS 2015 Community has more or less the feature set of VS
2010-2013 Professional from previous years, but without some of
the more advanced testing, architecture modeling tools and
debugging. For example there is no longer the limitation about
installing plugins and extensions like the Express version had.

It should have all the necessary libraries for linking under
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\lib\ (for
32-bit) and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\amd64\lib
(for 64-bit)
or something like that.

For example if you want to link a D static library to a C++
program you can use the new support for VS 2015 CRT in DMD
v2.069.0 beta like this:

[under VS2015 x86 Native Tools Command Prompt]
dmd -lib -m32mscoff my_d_library.d
cl /nologo my_cpp_program.cpp my_d_library.lib
C:\D\dmd2\windows\lib32mscoff\phobos32mscoff.lib "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\lib\legacy_stdio_definitions.lib"

I think it should work in a similar way for LDC.