Commandline compatibility with Clang?

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 12:15:58 PDT 2015

On Friday, 16 October 2015 at 13:33:36 UTC, Shriramana Sharma
wrote:
> Hello. I downloaded ldc expecting that it will have relative
> Commandline compatibility with Clang, especially that the -o
> option will work just like in Clang/GCC. But neither the ldc2
> nor ldmd2 provides the -o option but goes -of= like DMD. Can I
> open an issue requesting this or is there a particular reason
> that the syntax deviates?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Shriramana!

There are 2 reasons for the naming of command line options.
First, ldc predates Clang. Second, ldc links against LLVM and
inherits all the command line options which are also not
compatible with Clang.

I think about introducing a new ldc driver and sanitizing the
command line options. But many tools (e.g. dub) depends on the
current options ldc2 provides. This will not change.

Regards,