OS X linker warnings

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 27 08:04:15 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 27 October 2015 at 09:19:08 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2015, at 11:14, John Colvin via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>> one for every object file. Is there some way of fixing this?
>
> This only started appearing with Xcode 7. Note that 15.0 is the
> Darwin version, whereas 10.11 is the "public" OS X release
> number. Not sure what is going on there.
>
> If you want to give it a try, I'd start comparing the object
> files with what Clang produces (e.g. using macho-dump).
>
>  — David

Xcode 7 ld64 does additional checks to make sure all objects meet
min os version.  The cause may be that ldc produces a triple of
x86_64-apple-darwin whereas clang produces the triple
x86_64-apple-macosx.  Usually the latest version is appended too.
  Probably ldc should set OS to macosx like clang.