Test results for D on Android/ARM

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 22:44:03 PDT 2015

I've been running the druntime and phobos tests from the master
2.068 branch on various Android devices.  Please try out the
Android test runners I just made available and report your own
results in this thread:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases/tag/runners

Some output is expected and doesn't need to be reported, while
any other deviations should be reported.  Please report the
Android version, found in Settings->About Device->Android
Version; the manufacturer; the chipset, which can be found on
device databases like gsmarena; and which runners you ran.  If
you google your device's name, usually the first link is the
gsmarena entry.  For example, the Samsung Galaxy S6 uses the
Exynos 7420:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php

I'm using this ldc forum for this device reporting because it
doesn't require any registration, unlike the wiki or github.
I'll collect all the results and put them on the wiki later.

All source is available to build ldc and the test runner
yourself, only missing the build script I used for the apk
version of the test runner.  I'll write up the build process on
the wiki and push that last script into CMake next.

Expected output:

- Bionic didn't support hex format for floating point, either for
literals or output, until Android 5.0.  As a result, I skip such
tests in std.conv and std.format if they fail.  The command-line
test runner will note that those tests were skipped on pre-5.0
Android: that's expected and only needs to be reported if it
_doesn't_ happen on pre-5.0 Android.

My results:

- Android 5.1.1, Samsung, Exynos 5250: All tests pass, both
command-line and apk.

- Android 5.0.2, Samsung, Exynos 5420: Std.stdio and std.socket
hang in both command-line and apk, all other tests pass.

- Android 4.2.2, HTC, Tegra 3 AP37: All tests pass in the apk.
The command-line runner keeps segfaulting consistently at the
same spots, not sure why since the apk runs fine, could be some
aggressive process killing since this device has only 1 GB of
RAM.  If I split up test.list to run only the druntime tests, the
phobos tests before std.file, then the rest, ie three different
runs, everything passes.

- Android 4.4.4, Sony, Snapdragon 801: All tests pass, both
command-line and apk.

- Android 4.4.2, Samsung, Exynos 4412: All tests pass, both
command-line and apk.

- Android 5.0.2, Samsung, Snapdragon 410: Std.stdio and