LDC 0.16.0 alpha2 is out!

Jeremy DeHaan via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 15 23:55:44 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 08:37:58 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 04:22:29 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 22:25:40 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>>> The Win64 MSVC version is still considered alpha quality.
>>
>> I'm actually having some issues with this if anyone can help
>> me.
>>
>> LDC seems to default to trying to use Optlink for some reason.
>> This seems strange considering that all the switches are in
>> msvc format. Anyway I can get it to default to msvc instead?
>>
>> ldc2.conf doesn't seem to have any information on the linker
>> being used.
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> you need to have the Windows SDK installed (or better VS2015).
> If you use the "VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt" then
> everything should compile. Just make sure that "link" is really
> the Microsoft Linker. (Just type link/help on the command line.
> The output should be something like
>
> Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.00.23026.0
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>    For help on Linker, type `link /link' or `link'
>    For help on Library Manager, type `link /lib' or `lib'
>    For help on Dumper, type `link /dump' or `dumpbin'
>    For help on Editor, type `link /edit' or `editbin'
>    For help on CvtCIL, type `link /cvtcil'
>
> If it still runs Optlink then remove dmd2\windows\bin from your
> PATH variable.
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Thanks for the help, Kai. My original issue ended up being that
VS 2015 for what ever reason didn't actually install the VC
components. Before I realized that, I tried VS 2013, but got some
linker errors, mostly likely user error. Once I got 2015 actually
set up though, it works.

Thanks for all the hard work!