Linking with a c library on windows with ldc

maik klein via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 1 07:26:23 PDT 2016

On Friday, 1 April 2016 at 14:17:41 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
> On Friday, 1 April 2016 at 14:13:05 UTC, maik klein wrote:
>> On Friday, 1 April 2016 at 12:52:45 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>>> The error message and other diagnostic means can help you.
>>
>> There is no error message other then the linking has failed.
>> Which diagnostic tools are available?
>
> What is the exact linking error?

I currently have Vs2015 installed

Error: `C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /s /c
"C:\Users\maik\Downloads\ldc2-0.17.1-w
in64-msvc\bin\amd64.bat lib.exe"` failed with status: 9009
ldc2 failed with exit code 9009.

With Vs2013 the linking error was something along the lines
"Error: Failed to link with legacy_stdio".

I am on a fresh install of Windows 7 but I will reinstall Windows
7 tomorrow when my new SSD arrives. I think only Vs2013 works
with ldc?