master now at 2.070, merge-2.071 branch created

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 3 09:59:38 PDT 2016

Hi all,

The title pretty much says it all: Since there were no test regressions
of merge-2.070 over master anymore, I finished the merge yesterday. LDC
built from the master branch is now at version 2.070.2.

Furthermore, I created a merge-2.071 branch that corresponds to DMD
v2.071.0-b2. It builds the standard library and passes all unit tests
except for release-mode std.math, but there are a bunch of dmd-testsuite
failures left. Most of them are due to lack of forwarding
-transition=... to the appropriate frontend switches – this would be a
good time to finally implement that due to the 313/314 fixes –, but
there are a couple of codegen bugs left, too. In particular, we need to
figure out what to do with C++ EH interop, and the C++ ABI interface
seems to have suffered from some regressions in the wake of the class
layout change (see commit history).

I won't be able to spend much time on completing the merge in the
upcoming weeks, but it should be fairly easy to go in and fix the
remaining issues. They all seem fairly self-contained. It would be
really nice to be able to provide a 2.071-based LDC alpha in sync with
the upcoming upstream release.

Best,
David