buildbot for alternative architectures now online

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 3 22:54:36 PDT 2016

Hi all!

LDC is usable on other architectures than x86/x86_64, too. But
since we lacked a CI server we often created regressions without
noticing.

To improve the situation I have created my own buildbot setup.
Currently there are the following slaves available: armv7
(IFC6410 board, Krait CPU, hardfloat), armv8 (Runabove cloud
image), POWER8 (PowerLinux provided by OSU Open Source Lab). I
hope to add a second POWER8 slave soon, too.
The slaves start a build as soon as a change on the ltsmaster,
master or merge-2.071 branch is detected. The setup is still not
perfect but it is sufficient to see that the armv7 build from
ltsmaster is almost green. :-)

The UI can be reached at http://buildbot.ldc-developers.org/. (I
still work on the configuration - expect still some instability.
Alternate address is currently
http://redstarbuildbot.mynetgear.com:12080/ in case the official
address wn't work.)

Do you like to support LDC development on alternative targets? If
you have a box which has enough resources to build LDC and you
are willing to run your own build slave then I can add your build
slave to the setup. :-)

Regards,