Why is object.d in the ldc directory ?

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 21 07:20:28 PDT 2016

On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:55, Marco Leise via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> So it was done under the assumption that these two compilers
> installed in the same prefix share the same Phobos version.
> Oh well, ok. :)

There is probably no good justification at this point anymore, as the
druntime/Phobos headers would usually be slightly different even between
e.g. DMD and LDC of the same version. I am pretty sure that the reason
for the second import path to be added/object.d(i) to be moved was to
avoid frequent conflicts due to user mistakes, but maybe that was just
because back then we would crash, or because there was a configuration
during the D1 days where this made sense. We could probably just move it
back to the top level now…

  — David