Bootstrapping build

Marco Leise via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 29 02:58:16 PDT 2016

Am Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:18:00 +0000
schrieb David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc
<digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com>:

> On 11 Mar 2016, at 19:17, Marco Leise via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > I consider shared
> > libraries important going forward with the C++ replacement
> > idea that Dlang started with.
>
> I certainly agree with that.
>
> The only question is how to make the experience as smooth as possible
> for all users. Our current plan would be to add an rpath to the config
> file generated by the install target then? We could provide a CMake
> switch to disable that to make life easy for distro packagers, where an
> explicit rpath would be undesirable.
>
>   — David

I did it that way for dmd on Gentoo. And for ldc there is
already /opt/ldc2-<version>/lib{32,64}/
For distributions on which you can only install one system
wide D compiler at a time the rpath is not needed. On those
you'd have either a dmd, gdc or ldc environment with a
specific compiler and phobos version for all D software.

--
Marco