master now at 2.070, merge-2.071 branch created

Rainer Schuetze via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 30 08:32:15 PDT 2016

On 03.04.2016 18:59, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I won't be able to spend much time on completing the merge in the
> upcoming weeks, but it should be fairly easy to go in and fix the
> remaining issues. They all seem fairly self-contained. It would be
> really nice to be able to provide a 2.071-based LDC alpha in sync with
> the upcoming upstream release.

I've pushed a number of changes to the merge-2.071 branch, with the result

- appveyor Windows x64 passes
- appveyor Windows x86 fails for the same test as master, but I cannot
reproduce it locally
- travis OSX passes
- travis/circleCI linux fail for 1 unittest, and crash for 2 more

I tried to reproduce the latter in a VM with Ubuntu 16, but also got
failures for the master branch. Are there known issues with special
configurations? I'm building with LLVM 3.7.1 and LDC 0.17.1 based on DMD
2.068.2 and LLVM 3.8.0.

What's left is catching C++ exceptions, which is only expected to exist
for linux/64. I have no idea what to do about this, but could probably
implement it for Windows instead ;-)