LDC 1.1.0-beta2 has been released!

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 3 13:28:20 PDT 2016

On 3 Aug 2016, at 21:10, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> On behalf of the LDC team I am proud to announce the new 1.1.0-beta2
> release!

Quick note for Linux users/packagers: We've changed the way the D code
in the compiler front-end is built to be able to cleanly take
environment/LLVM linker flags into account
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/1594). This fixes a number
of previous linking issues and should ultimately be much more solid, but
we'd particularly appreciate help in testing the new build system bits
in as many environments as possible before the release.

If you are using the upcoming Ubuntu 16.10, also be aware that it ships
with a system linker patched to produce position-independent executables
by default. This will lead to linker errors ("relocation … can not be
used") unless LDC is also set to generate position-independent code by
using -relocation-model=pic (default since
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/1664, but not part of the
beta yet).

  — David