[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Dicebot via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 05:48:55 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 12:41:44 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 12:37:17 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 11:58:00 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>> This leads me to my first question: is it possible to specify
>>> the paths here relative to the location of the directory
>>> where the `ldc2` binary resides?
>>
>> AFAIK contents of config file "switches" variable in ldc is
>> simply prepended to command-line flag list with no special
>> processing.
>
> Yes, that I understand.  The problem is that the contents of
> that file are wrong ;-)  I can edit it part way through the
> snap packaging process, but what I'd really like is an
> automatable solution.

Providing correct ldc2.conf is normally a responsibility of a
packager for the target system thus it doesn't seem wrong to me.
You may want to check how the config file is defined in tarball
provided by github releases though as I suppose it is intended to
be usable without any installation.