[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 05:56:17 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 12:41:44 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> However, if the paths in `ldc2.conf` could be specified
> relative to the path where the `ldc2` binary lives, that might
> provide an easy workaround.

To be more precise: this is exactly what dmd uses in its dmd.conf
file, e.g.:

[Environment32]
DFLAGS=-I%@P%/../../src/phobos -I%@P%/../../src/druntime/import
-L-L%@P%/../lib32 -L--export-dynamic

[Environment64]
DFLAGS=-I%@P%/../../src/phobos -I%@P%/../../src/druntime/import
-L-L%@P%/../lib64 -L--export-dynamic

However, would I be right in assuming that %@P% is a dmd-specific
wildcard that the compiler knows to replace with the compiler's
path location?

I ask because I've tried using

   -I%@P%/../include/d/ldc -I%@P%/../include/d

manually on the command line with ldc2 and ldmd2 and it doesn't
work, whereas manually specifying the _full_ path does.

Is there any way of providing a similarly
relative-to-compiler-path -I option to ldc2 and/or ldmd2 ... ?