[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 16:22:12 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 20:30:49 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 20:12:44 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>>> how would I ensure that the built ldc2 tries to use _that_
>>> linker rather than some other one?
>
> There's a hidden `-gcc=<pathToGcc>` switch supported by LDC. So
> I guess specifying that one in the default switches in the
> ldc2.conf file does the trick (e.g.,
> `-gcc=%%ldcbinarypath/gcc`).

Is there any way of also specifying flags to pass to gcc?  I ask
because just including them in the -gcc flag doesn't work, e.g.:

    -gcc=ldc2.gcc --sysroot=/snap/ldc2/x1/bin/..

... results in a gcc call where the --sysroot flag is placed in a
position that gcc doesn't accept.

I've tried specifying `-L=...` but that's translated into a gcc
call with `-Xlinker ...` rather than just being handed to gcc
directly.