[WiP] Creating a snap package of LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 18:22:41 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 23:16:04 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> LDC will still go through the usual path lookup routines for
> the argument in order to deal with PATH lookup (see
> gen/programs.cpp). In what might be regarded as a bit of a
> quirk, as a result the -gcc argument and CC global are
> effectively just ignored silently if they cannot be resolved
> successfully.
>
> Are you sure the binary specified is executable, on the PATH,
> and so on?

Yea, that sounds a distinct possibility.  I was suspecting all
along that LDC was somehow failing "silently" and falling back to
some default, so it's good to have it confirmed that it's what is
likely happening here.

Thanks very much -- I _think_ this is probably the last piece of
the puzzle (famous last words, I know:-).