LDC 1.1.0-beta6

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 13 11:52:40 PST 2016

Hey all,

on behalf of the LDC team I am proud to announce the new
1.1.0-beta6 release!
It's based on the 2.071.2 frontend and standard library and
supports LLVM 3.5 up to current trunk (4.0).

Beta 6 is what beta 4 should have been, but early testing
revealed some issues (thanks for reporting!) before official
announcements were made, so we're at beta 6 now and looking
forward to a final release, depending on your feedback!

The highlights of this release are Link-Time Optimization, DLL
exports on Windows and, as always, a multitude of bugfixes.

This time, we only provide binaries for Linux, OS X and Windows;
the usual FreeBSD and Linux/ARM (armv7hf) ones are missing due to
limited manpower.

Changelog and downloads:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.1.0-beta6

All binaries are built with LLVM 3.9.
* The Linux x86/x86_64 binaries are built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and
work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (or later) without installing additional
software.
* The OS X binaries are built on OS X 10.10 and require at least
OS X 10.8.
* The Windows binaries are built on Windows 10 with Visual Studio
2015 (update 3). They require a VS2015 or Visual C++ Build Tools
installation for linking (and depend on the Visual C++ 2015
runtime). The 64-bit package is a multilib one capable of
targeting x86 via `-m32`.

Please be sure to report any bugs at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues.

Thanks to everybody involved in making this happen!

Regards,
kinke