Hope d has great development in Raspberry Pi

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 09:55:29 PST 2016

Joakim <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:
> I tried it out a couple summers ago, following in your footsteps with
> iOS, and Kai and I ran into the same issue, though we didn't look into
> the codegen like you have:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/rdrhocrqfldcanrqxlgz@forum.dlang.org

I didn't realize the history.  That's a long time ago.  I never ran into
this specific problem because it seems to be unique to gnueabi targets,
and only -relocation-model=dynamic-no-pic (the default for
arm-linux-gnueabih).

The problem is still in LLVM 3.8.

I also found using triple thumb-linux-gnueabihf sidesteps this problem.
Trying thumb on Pi (armv6) was good because I discovered that druntime
is missing thumb support (original, not thumb-2) and am preparing a PR.

I still think immediate solution for LDC is to see what clang is doing.
We may have some wrong target options.
--
Dan