merge-2.069 now builds (and passes most of) the test suite

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 21:25:28 PST 2016

On Thursday, 4 February 2016 at 04:47:52 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Is it normal for phobos tests to be failing on a merge, ie even
> when the frontend was C++?

Quite normal, unfortunately, since the AST semantics tend to
silently change from time to time.

> Hmm, I was hoping to build ldc 2.069 on ARM too, which will
> require using ldc to compile the D frontend to ARM.  I thought
> dmd upstream builds fine with ldc, is this something different
> from the bug that build had before?

All I can say is that it blew up quite more spectacularly with
LDC at first than with DMD – it might be an OS X-only issue,
though, since I didn't have time to go back to trying another
LDC/LDC build yet.

  — David