merge-2.069 now builds (and passes most of) the test suite

Dan Olson via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 17:04:20 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 21:09:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2016-02-18 21:07, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, ObjC support is not implemented in master right
>> now.
>>
>> I haven't had a look at what this would entail myself yet. If
>> you can
>> spare some time, your help with that would be very much
>> appreciated,
>> since most of us would probably have to reverse-engineer the
>> DMD
>> implementation first.
>
> I kind of know what needs to be done, but I would not know how
> to do it in LDC. It was hard enough to figure out how to do it
> in DMD.
>
> What would be the best way? That I describe how it works and a
> LDC developer implements it. Or do I need to implement it
> myself?

I might be able to help once I get done with arm-linux.  Last
summer for fun I started integrating your older fully functional
obj-d branch with ldc.  I got instance method calls and selectors
working, although the code was very much a kludge.

Dan