Bootstrapping build

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 24 00:05:49 PST 2016

On Tue, 2016-02-23 at 20:14 +0100, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-
ldc wrote:
> […]
>
> As I'm sure you know, to avoid this issue you can either specify an
> rpath during linking or put the shared libraries into a well-known
> directory (/lib, /usr/lib or one listed in ld.so.conf).

The /lib and /usr/lib solution are not feasible in my context as those
directories are reserved for package managed things. All my personally
build stuff goes into ~/Built. To add this to the ld.so paths seems a
bit wrong somehow as the directory /etc/ld.so.conf.d is not really a
place for per user things.

I think my point was really that since the LDC build knows where it is
going to install ldc2 and the shared objects, it should put the rpath
into the installed compiler automatically so as to avoid
LD_LIBRARY_PATH being needed to run ldc2.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk