Bootstrapping build

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 25 09:37:45 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 18:20 +0100, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-
ldc wrote:
> […]
> So this is coming back to the dynamic libraries not being on the
> path
> after you do "cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=…
> <ldc>; make install", and is not in any way specific to LDC also
> being
> the executable being built?
>
> What would your suggested solution be? I'm not sure what the correct
> way
> to address this is, since unless I'm mistaken, exactly the same
> issue
> occurs also for any C++ shared library produced by GCC, etc.

I appreciate this is a non-trivial issue/problem, hopefully my attempt
at humour has not implied I believe otherwise.

My thinking is that if the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX has been set then the
build should be able to add this with '/lib' as the rpath into the
final link of ldc2 and ldmd2. Moreover, ldc2 and ldmd2 themselves could
add this as an rpath in the link of any created executables.

However my CMake and ld skills are not great, so this may be "pie in
the sky".

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk