LDC 1.0.0-alpha1 has been released! Please help testing!

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 26 13:12:43 PST 2016

Hi everyone!

The LDC team moves fast to a major milestone: we're aiming for a
1.0.0 release!

On behalf of the LDC team I am proud to announce the new
1.0.0-alpha1 release!
It is based on the 2.069.2 front-end and supports LLVM 3.5-3.8.

This is the first ALPHA version of the release. The main purpose
is to find the remaining bug. Thus please help testing!

The Travis-CI shows all green but there are still issues left:

- The build system does not use a D compiler for linking. This
can result in link failures due to missing libraries.
- LDC on Win64 is not yet able to compile itself.
- A bug with vararg handling in version 0.17.0 prevents linking
of LDC on ARM
- Other architectures and operating systems must be still
evaluated

Again, we need to help to test this alpha release! Every feedback
is welcomed!

Be sure to read the change log at the GitHub release page which
also has the package download links:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.0.0-alpha1

MD5 checksums for the release packages:

accd5cf2222cb633ce059f047ed96ccb ldc-1.0.0-alpha1-src.tar.gz
b69dca5b9c39fda00bcb853d1b966412
ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-linux-x86.tar.gz
35a4aea5b1ca4f9b46bbd728ca05e7ad
ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-linux-x86.tar.xz
a15f4c903c9636c6f2c4b41a7539a716
ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
4eaa7f0ed273a06abb80f66e82a081ca
ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-linux-x86_64.tar.xz
8c29a88a39790eaf2aeb2fb7bf11ffb7
ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-osx-x86_64.tar.xz
cea6d778edc4464397e93770ce5952e8 ldc2-1.0.0-alpha1-win64-msvc.zip

Regarding the binaries:
The Linux binaries are built on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with gcc 4.8.x,
ldc2 0.17.0 and LLVM 3.7.1. They work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (or
later) without installing additional software.

The OS X binaries are built with LLVM 3.6.2 on OS X 10.10.

The Win64 MSVC version is built with VS2015 (update 1) using dmd
2.069.2 and LLVM 3.7.1 in release mode. The distribution now
contains a precompiled libcurl 7.46.0 from
http://d.darktech.org/libcurl.html. For any other VisualStudio
version you need to rebuild the library.
You find the build script here:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc-scripts/blob/master/ldc2-win64/RELEASE.proj

Please be sure to report any bugs at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues, and feel free to
drop by at the digitalmars.D.ldc forums
(http://forum.dlang.org/group/digitalmars.D.ldc) for any
questions or comments.

Thanks to everybody involved in making this happen!

Regards,